MY POCKET FACTORY wants to encourage open source design by promoting and rewarding designers who specialise in digital, functional products.
Our business model consists of two components:
- Digital Design
If you have a portfolio of designs, are able to adapt these to use our fittings, and want to create a new revenue stream, read on.
What you have to do:
- Register as a MY POCKET FACTORY designer.
- Buy a MY POCKET FACTORY Starter Pack for R150.
- Submit a design for approval (in our digital design pack format as set out in the starter pack instructions) –
- either by submitting a workable prototype and digital design pack in MPF template
- or by submitting only the digital design pack and a prototype fee of R750
- The design will then be evaluated according the design criteria setup in the starter pack.
- Once the design is listed, MY POCKET FACTORY will send you updates and monthly recons on your listed products and account. Read our terms and condition here for more information.
In this way we can reward you for actual revenue earned by the sale of digital designs on our site. It works pretty much like all digital image libraries: you get up to 30% of actual income relating to your approved and listed design.
List of Designers
A qualified industrial designer, Retief is the owner of Retief Krige Industrial Designers.
In 1998 Welmarié Momberg obtained her BA Fine Arts degree in Creative Jewellery and Metal design at the University of Stellenbosch in South Africa.
Thade Precht is a versatile freelance designer focused on playful product design and graphic design.
In-house product designer for an international sport apparel brand. Loves usable products with added flair and fun!